Web 2.0 is a second generation internet service that is based on online sharing and online collaboration amongst users. Examples of web 2.0 services are:
- Social networks
- Web based applications
- Photologs and blogs
- Content managers and communication tools
- News promotion and subscription system
- Search based on tags etc.
There are many people who think that article submission sites and web 2.0 directories are due to recent Google Panda and Google Penguin updates. Many SEO professionals have stopped submitting their articles and building links from article submission sites and web 2.0 directories without realizing whether they are doing the right thing and or losing out on search engine optimization here. In this article we will discuss about the importance of Web 2.0 submission and how it is still effective in SEO.
- Web 2.0 is high popular and its popularity growing day by day. This is a big enough reason to understand its worth. There are many web 2.0 sites that allow author and publishers who have zero programming experience to publish their write ups on the web. This advantage has been also misused by many spammers in the past and these spammers developed automated software submission systems which were used to put span contents on many web 2.0 sites. But now web 2.0 makes use of effective spam filters and these are getting better day by day. Most spam content and low quality content have been removed and the rests are now using great support from the search engines.
- More and more authors are now sharing their expertise and moving to web 2.0. Web 2.0 now has better spam filters and that is encouraging the authors for sharing their expertise as they no longer need to feel unsecured about them being put in the same category as the spammers. You will come across many high quality blogs nowadays in web 2.0 and this is a result of better spam filters only. When you put your content in web 2.0, it would be automatically associated with high quality publisher by various search engines and this is turn would improve your reputation and authority.
- Last but not the least, people who are submitting their content to web 2.0 and other article submission sites are staying away from back hat SEO strategies. This in turn would increase the authority of article submission sites and various web 2.0 sites but this is something that would not happen overnight. If you are an SEO professional, you can take full advantage of it by not making use of any black hat SEO and Spam SEO strategies and techniques yourself. Make sure that you submit great quality content that visitors would love to read and this in turn would help in getting a better place in the SERP.